Fracturing or "fracking" as it is commonly referred to in the petroleum industry, is nothing new. Simply put it is a methodology where by fluids, chemicals, and some form of particulate matter, are pumped under extremely high pressures into wells. The end result is fractured rock or fractured shale that will then release commercial quantities of natural gas and / or oil.
The most resent use of fracking is to release natural gas from shale formations found all over the United States, including southern Illinois, using horizontal drilling techniques.
Problems arise from the fact that many of these are new and untested or unproven procedures. Even more alarming is the use of undisclosed chemicals and chemical compounds. The Bush Administration enacted laws that fracking companies like the large multi-national conglomerates such as Halliburton and Schlumberger, do not have to reveal anything about what type of chemicals they are pumping into the well. As such, you have no way to test the chemicals and ensure they will not contaminate your water supply, your land, crops, livestock or you and your family.
- If there is no reason for concern, then why is there need for legislated secrecy by the largest lobbying group in the world?
- There are already dozens of examples where water from water taps inside homes will ignite and burn and /or explode in areas where fracking is being performed.
- Other serious problems continue to develop including radiological contamination of property.
- You have more rights to knowledge and compensation, as a surface and or mineral rights owner, than the oil companies reveal.
- They simply want you to sign the first Lease Agreement they offer you.
Natural gas from shale may provide cleaner more abundant energy for our nation, and you can be a part of that without being unfairly treated.
The Winnett Law Firm has over 24 years of Oil & Gas experience. Before you sign a Lease Agreement, or even if you already have, contact us today.
When Life Gets Legal call The Winnett Law Firm.
We can help.
The Winnett Law Firm
200 W 3rd Street, Suite 705
Alton, IL 62002
Toll Free: 866-330-2382
Map and Directions